Monday, December 13, 2010

Conversations with kids: That's what I thought!

This evening, it's 31 degrees. This evening my children were asked to go bring in 3 pieces of wood each. They did said job and a conversation insued as Drew came into the kitchen where I am slaving away over dinner and 18 billion cookies for 4-H tonight.


Drew: "Mama, why do we have to get the wood?"

Mama: "Who do you think should get the wood?"

Drew: "You, because it's cold."

Mama: "Okay then, you go ahead and finish dinner, cook the rest of these 17 bazillion cookies, dish up dinner, do the dishes, sweep the kitchen, go in and start a load of laundry, fold the dry laundry, start a fire and then drive yourself and your sister to 4-H."

Drew: Silence

Mama: "That's what I thought!"

Later that same evening over dinner.

Drew: "I don't really like it."

Mama: "I'm sorry, eat!"

Drew: "What's the brown stuff?"

Mama: "Gravy."

Drew: "Oh gravy. Why is it brown?"

Mama: "Because the meat's brown."

Drew: "Oh." and commences eating.

No comments: