Friday, July 8, 2011

Tom's cabin on the river

While in California, one Friday, Grandpa Hargett, Debi, Jeremiah, Auntie Lo, Becky the kids and I trekked up to Tom's place along the Consumes River. It was GORGEOUS! The water was especially chilly and high but it was a lovely afternoon with great company nonetheless.

I spent the better part of the first half decidedly tippled from a single glass of wine! I won't be drinking at Tom's again! I haven't decided if it was the atmosphere or some unusually potent wine. I know it wasn't an empty stomach as we had eaten sandwiches by the American River in Coloma only about 2 hours before. At any rate, the hike was lovely and we didn't even need bread crumbs to find our way back. Although we did wonder a few times if a search party would be necessary.


Ca. trip 057

Ca. trip 054

Ca. trip 056

Ca. trip 052

Ca. trip 051

Ca. trip 050

Ca. trip 047

No comments: