Thursday, February 9, 2012

Just Goats

Photobucket

Tuesday it snowed...all day. Surprisingly most of it did not stick until later afternoon when the temperature dropped. It was actually quite nice doing barn chores watching big white puffy flakes fall. It was even nicer to see they were melting as they hit the ground. As I am sure you know, I HATE snow. Snow that doesn't stick is my favorite, minus the muddy aftermath but honestly, I prefer dealing with that (as we don't have much because our soil drains well).
Photobucket

The girls, as you can see, do not like snow either and much prefer to be inside their barn cozy and warm and dry while eating their breakfast and dinner. They are looking quite well, if I don't say so myself.




Photobucket






This is Ann, one of the new gals we brought back from Ca. this past summer. Obviously it is not snowing, this was taken before Tuesday when the temps were in the 50's and 60's and just glorious!

I let the boys out into the west pasture on Sunday afternoon. There isn't much to eat out there yet but they were so happy to get out and run around and jump and nibble on the cedar trees.

I took the girls way out to the back property line. There isn't much to eat these days but it was still so nice to feel the warm sunshine and think about all the cottonwood leaves and green grass softy blowing in the breeze. We really have a gorgeous place. I literally could spend every day out there morning to night, providing the temperature doesn't cook me.

No comments: