Monday, September 15, 2014

'Tis the season

Rachel has been congested with a sore throat for over a week now. The sore throat has has to do with her sleeping on her back so I made her change that after day 2 of complaints. Since then it's been major congestion and some coughing. She's been doing some "saline nasal irrigation" - I seriously hate that term- but it works wonders at keeping her sinuses open and makes her much happier. Drew started in feeling sick Friday and I am positive now it's the flu. I am not one for giving medications, we usually ride it out pretty well without but the night time coughing despite being elevated is too much and so 12 hour cough suppressant has been our go-to when everything else in my herbal/natural remedy cabinet has failed.Both seemed perkier yesterday. Saturday they spent most of the day inside but Sunday was gorgeous and I sent them outside to play much of the day and I think it did them good.

Jeremiah and I worked on the "rental" on Saturday morning. I started grouting the kitchen tile. By noon it was time to stop and head over to Lowes. our new roof was finally put on this weekend and the old roof was off before lunch. We met the guys down at Lowes to pay for the shingles (Military discount is AWESOME) and headed back home to relax a bit after lunch. Jeremiah ended up getting up on the roof for the rest of the day to help. I went back over to the house to finish grouting. I got it all done except for the pantry which Jeremiah had just laid the finishing tile in that morning so it was nowhere near dry enough yet to grout. I had hoped to get over there to finish that up yesterday but after all the up and down and in and outside, I was pretty sore and laid up. I did a few odds and ends around here while the guys finished up the roof. We took the extra bags of shingles back around 3, had a bite to eat and came home and made a milk stand.

The weather the past couple of days has been so so nice! Thursday and Friday last week were down right cold but it warmed up and the sun was shining all weekend. A great weekend to put on a roof and a great weekend to enjoy being outside!

Today I am not feeling so great at all. Started in with wheezing and congestion last night and this morning I can feel a fever spiking. I don't normally stay sick very long and quite honestly, getting out and "working it off" feels so much better for me than laying in bed. I can only lay around so long, pregnant or not. I am sure by tomorrow I'll feel much better but I can't help but wonder if my soreness is from all the work Sat. or if it's because of the flu or a culmination of both, probably both. I know I need to take it easy. I made home made soup Friday which, oddly enough, reminds me of Spaghetti-O's every time I see it. Pretty sad since it's supposed to be Minestrone!!! It was very soup-like Friday but I assume the pasta has since slurped up a lot of the liquid. That's fine and it's great soup but for whatever weird reason I have been craving Spaghetti-O's and I don't even buy that crap! I am currently looking up a recipe for a home made version though to satisfy the craving.

I have my 2nd and last as we know it sonogram today and a regular appoint. tomorrow. We're at 20 weeks 1 day today. Time seems to be flying but I am sure the 2nd half won't go nearly as quick. Other than feeling like crap today I have been feeling great. It can't eat nearly as much as I did before, which is probably a good thing. There's just not a lot of room for a full stomach.

I've been looking up a few homemade recipes for Speghetti-O's and what I find most hilarious is that all of them say, "the real deal" or "tastes just like the real ones" but they all contain different ingredients. How is that possible? One has carrots! I don't remember Spaghetti-O's having carrots. They must be pulling my leg. Well, one of these days I'll satisfy my craving and hopefully not have to try a bunch of "real deal" recipes. For now I am going to keep eating my Minestrone Spaghetti-O's imposter until it's gone.

Time to get some work done. Another nice day and lots of weekend laundry to get to.


No comments: