Monday, January 10, 2011

I LOVE SNOW!

I LOVE SNOW! I love photos of it. I love how clean and beautiful it looks. I love watching it fall from the sky. I LOVE SNOW...when someone else is in the picture, someone is else is standing in the gosh darned friggen cold taking the photo, someone else is hauling hot water to their animals and cleaning up after children and getting dressed and undressed and redressed and undressed and dressed and undressed yet again within an HOUR and all that other crap! Yeah, I love it alright. Love watching it on TV, love watching it from the window from inside a warm and cozy house and love especially when I don't have to deal with it.WHY did we move here again??? The kids have been out playing in it about 500 times now! It hasn't even been here 24 hours. WHY did we move here again?!?! Thankfully both the kids are in school as I write this otherwise that 500 would easily triple. WHY did we move here again?

Imagine me dragging Drew along out to the road to catch the bus all the while I am almost screaming at him to stay in the tire tracks that Daddy had made that morning as he left for work only to get to the bus about 300 feet away from the house to find him COVERED in snow!  I had to ask myself if I was that one tacked minded trying to get him TO the bus if I didn't realize I was dragging him IN the snow. Nope, I wasn't. He just thought that walking through 8 inches of it was much more fun than walking in the packed down tire tracks!

It was nice alright. Nice for the first 5 minutes when I woke up and everything is blanketed in white. That was about the extent of the nice but since then, I have had it! Those 20 lbs. I lost are easily going to turn into about 50 with the trips I am making to the goats with hot water and convincing them that it's not anthrax! It's not the trips I mind with the water bucket. I could easily put in a deicer cutting my trips to 2 or even one to just feed. It's all the other crap! (i.e. dressing, putting on boots, falling on my as...rear end in the snow, etc. and then reversing all of that on the trip back up.) It's not even the cold for the most part. I scored a wool zip up jacket yesterday at the farm store for $10. I am WARM. If I knew I wouldn't freeze to death by wearing nothing, surely I would just so I didn't have to deal with taking all the layers off and putting them back on and dragging snow and dirt inside, ug. If I had to deal with this more than 2-3 months out of the year (and LORD HELP ME IF IT'S A BAD YEAR AND IT STICKS AROUND THAT LONG), I'd literally choke myself to death on snow. NO JOKE! People who like living in snow are INSANE! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go kick a snowball!

FRIZZLE FRACKING FLARKIN FLICKIN SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: