Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pig in a Poke Shelter & Chicken Stew Coop

Photobucket

Just photos of the new shelters we're erecting. We started on the coop flooring and then went to the pig shelter. They are built on skids so can be moved. The chicken coop will pretty much be at a permanent location, the pig shelter will be moved every now and again.

The pig shelter is 6'x6'. I don't expect to be housing at 400 lb. pigs. I expect they'll be taken off before then. I plan to start them out in the garden so they can till it up for me and save me the work of getting out and pushing the rototiller around.








Photobucket

Side walls are up and roof rafters are going on. Due to the fact that this shelter does not have a front, the rafters are as they are for added strength so the shelter does not twist when being moved. 



Photobucket
front of the pig shelter


The chicken coop is 7'x8'.

Photobucket

No comments: