Thursday, February 21, 2013

Old Man Winter = Fashionably Late

Ahhh yes, so Old Man Winter did decide to wake up! I won't complain, I will only utter negative comments about white crap under my breath so that only the few who are actually listening can hear.

I have come to have a little less disdain for it. Proper clothing does help immensely. There are still the children who think it's fun and every single time it comes they act like it's the first time. I hate to be the 'love of snow' wrecker so I try to keep my mouth shut. The rule is, one time out, no more. You stay until you are too cold to take it or cannot move to come in, the rest of your day is spent inside where it's warm.

That said, they predicted 1-3 inches between 7 AM and 3 or so. Eight thirty rolled around and BAM, it started coming and it did not stop until there was a good 6-8 inches! It's lovely and all to watch out the window especially folding "white" laundry, sipping on a warm cup of joe while sitting next to the woodstove.

 I spent Tuesday "preparring for the ice age", as Jeremiah and I joked. I plugged all the animal's de-icers back in, bedded them all down well, had to do a little rearranging too. Washed a bunch of laundry and hung most of it out to dry since it was at least sunny Tuesday. I brought up oodles and bunches of wood and kindling and covered the rest of the pile.

Overnight there was another, I don't know, but it looks like there's at least a foot out there now, maybe a foot and a half and it's still snowing. 15 feet, or so it feels after trudging through it out to the barn. The tractor could only go so far, the gates are all snowed in and chores needed to be done.

I picked up the kids yesterday at 1:20 and since Jeremiah was not here to pawn the chore off on to take them out, I dressed up and went out to take them sledding. One of us came back in sobbing and "so cold" and didn't want to pull the sled back. I won't mention who but will say it was the same person seen below pulling it out. Why do parents take their kids to the snow? It's only fun for about 3 minutes.

Photobucket 
  Photobucket 
  Photobucket

Photobucket
 
Photobucket

Photobucket

 
Photobucket




Photobucket Here's to an inside day where it's warm baking yummy treats to sustain us through trudging around in it!

No comments: