Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Morning update

If you think this post is coming with photos you're crazy! Putting up photos of warm spring days would be a slap in the face and putting up photos of this blizzard is, well, something I am not going to stand outside to do.

The snow's not so bad depth wise, there's only about an inch on the ground. There are some pretty big drifts of 8"-1' but the wind and extreme cold is horrible. If I ever told you the story of the guy in Eastern Montana who kept calling his neighbor asking if it was cold out, this is about the time where he would say, "You're (choice phrase) betcha it is!"

School's been canceled all the way around. I went out to the goats at around 7:30 AM with 2 buckets of warm water in tow and oh my gosh, it's COLD and wind and the blowing snow and ice hurts! I checked the temp which, I think, is checked right down the road at the airport and it said 1 degree but the windchill is -24 and I believe it!! It's one thing to be cold and have occasional gusts that give you a fleeting feeling of really cold air, it's quite another to be constantly bombarded by -24! It's horrible. The next two days will be a challenge! For now, I'm retiring back to bed where it's warm.

No comments: