Monday, November 14, 2011

Drinking, shooting & albino squirrels

You're thinking, "Someone or something surely must have gotten hurt". Am I right? Or perhaps, "Now that's completely dangerous"? Well, you'd be completely wrong and surely nothing was harmed during the course of the weekend and I assure you, well no, I can almost assure you it was completely safe. I promise!

The drinking, well, I mean, if I said beer flowed from the Abair's pipes, would you believe me? No? Oh. Onward and upward then. Shooting: Jeremiah was able to locate some cheaper bullets for my Granddad's Winchester 71 we inherited. At $3+ a pop, they aren't real budget friendly when it comes to hobbies you know? I can't think of anything much more expensive if you're planning about an hours worth of 'fun'. Jeremiah has been itching to get out for a deer this year, fortunately for the deer, the freezer is full of milk. BWAAAAAHAHA. Jeremiah was hinting that I should make more soap. Tee hee. I do think that I can advertise milk for crafts and animal use here in Kansas so I'll have to look in to that as surely I cannot use all the milk in the freezer!! I was under the impression that advertisement was on your own property only regardless of what the use but I've been reading the entire law and I think it's legal to advertise for non-human consumption, we'll see.

Photobucket

The girls and I cooked and made goat's milk soap and had a wonderful time. We had a yummy goat's milk alfredo, rigatoni and home made pizza for dinner. Our soaps were honey & oatmeal and tangerine & rose hips. I brought the soap molds home, un-molded them last night and cut them all up this morning. Now they need to sit a while to cure.

Photobucket
James and the 'tactical turkey killer' which, incidentally has not killed any turkeys because, at least here in our neck of the woods, you need to sit on the back stoop and shoot them and not actually hunt them!

The boys installed a CB radio, did boy stuff and did some 'down range' lead poisoning. The kids exerted a lot of energy running and playing. As for the Albino squirrel, well, that was just a bizarre bonus. As Jeremiah, the kids and I were leaving yesterday, an albino squirrel crossed our path. Jeremiah tried to get a shot at it...a PHOTO shot for those of you who think he's nothing but a squirrel killer (and eater), but it ran off and all he got was the tire of a truck it ran under. Not very exciting.

Photobucket
Natalie with the .357.
Great weekend had by all! Lots of laughs, lots of stories and lots of fun!

No comments: