Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween 2011

Photobucket
Halloween came and went. Rachel was a vampire and Drew was Captain America. I made Rachel's costume- a simple black dress with red insert in the skirt- on Saturday. The cape had spider webs on it. She refused to wear the vampire teeth so overall, she new what she was but if you asked a stranger it may have taken them a few guesses. She was happy and that's all that mattered.

Drew's costume ended up being the highlight of my week! I lost a bid on eBay for a Captain America costume because I was running errands. But I stopped at Target for blue pants and a blue hoody, sewed a white star on the front and an 'A' on the hood and he was happy as pig in a wallow! We picked up a white 5 gallon plastic bucket lid from the farm store and I sprayed it and used foam pieces to decorate the rest. Jeremiah pop-riveted a handle on and away we went. Drew refused to wear his normal black gym shoes but opted instead of black loafers. I guess he wanted to be a dressy Captain America, whatever. If he was happy, I was...happy.

Jeremiah was the scariest of all, a welding instructor. I know right?

I spent the afternoon with the kids at school doing crafts and handing out treats. That evening we went to the zoo here in Hutch. It's nice because there's a definite start and a define stop so no whining about not getting enough or wanting to go further and we get to see the animals too. It's not a big zoo but for their age, it's safe (no cars or questionable Reeses Peanut Butter Cups) and perfect really.


So anyway, there you have it.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: