Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 4: We are NOT Trashy People

Alternately titled: Let Andrew the dog out to go pee.

Alternately titled: NO BUGS ALLOWED!

I slept like absolute crap last night. About 3 AM something woke me up. I tried to go back to sleep twice but kept feeling like something was touching me. I shrugged it off before I finally jumped out of bed knowing for sure something was under my covers that surely wasn't supposed to be, husband excluded. I turned on the light, carefully pulled back the covers and there was it was...a grasshopper! I found a washcloth to put it in reminding myself not to forget in the morning that it was wadded up inside. I dozed off to sleep thinking I would get a sign to hang above the front door bell that says "NO GRASSHOPPERS BUGS ALLOWED!" (so as not to discriminate the insect species).

Jeremiah left for work a little after 7 AM. I got up shortly after he left. As soon as the (goat) girls see me they bawl. It's normally May. Since I speak goat I'll interpret, "Yo, woman, get down here and feed us!". May doesn't use profanity but the rest of them do from what I understand so you can only imagine what they are saying.

I came up to the house and looked around the kitchen and there were a few boxes to unpack. I am kind of tired of unpacking.

Andrew and Rachel woke not long after I came back up from feeding. I asked the kids to let the dog out. I poked my head out the laundry room door to make sure the dog was staying in the fenced back yard and to make sure he was potty-ing outside like a good dog. And there was Drew, potty-ing outside...like a good boy.

I shake my head and decide that along with my "NO BUGS ALLOWED" sign, I am also going to get one that says "Trashy People". I'll paint one like Lois did to say "NOT" so as to let visitors know whether or not people are peeing in the yard that day and put it up and take it down accordingly.

No comments: