Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dorothy we're not still in Kansas!

Silly me, how could I have forgotten that weather in Kansas is not the same as weather in California. Because, you know, IT RAINS in the summer!

Round about 3 AM thunder woke me up. That along with some sort of swaying of the bed made me think, Oh God, TORNADO!

There was in fact no tornado, I mean, obviously but it was a torrential downpour! I should have taken the camera out to document how much rain actually fell-not that you couldn't find an updated annual rainfall to prove my case- but anyway...

We had left a 10 cubic feet wheelbarrow out by the goats and the dang thing was more than half full. All the dishes that were left out were overflowing with water. It's nearly 1 now though, the thermometer outside is hovering at 70 degrees and the breeze is blowing and you'd think it's Spring! Ahhhh, what a relief.

Round about 3 AM I realize I had hung two loads of laundry outside on my makeshift clothes line (i.e. cattle panels) the night before. CRAP! Not only that, but as I sit and write this my whole rear end is completely soaked. I left the windows down in the car. To make matters worse, all the paperwork for Andrew's preschool teacher was sitting on the passenger side seat...wet. Yep, this was shaping up to be a great day!

I cannot tell you how much I am really enjoying the rain in the summer. The lightening and thunder storms are awesome, truly truly awesome! El Paso had storms that came close to these, but only a few weeks here and I've seen more than a handful of storms that kinda put what I knew to be thunder storms to shame.

Everything is so green and it really is quite beautiful...reminds me of the Spring in Ca. That was one thing I thought I'd miss...but it's like California Spring all Spring and Summer long here. Can't beat it. If it could remain like this all year round, hovering around 70 with a slight breeze for clothes drying, keeping the air fresh and house aired out, I'd love it!

I'm sure one day into winter and I am going to wish we had weather like we did today!

No comments: