Thursday, August 26, 2010

An update

I had been writing religiously on the computer daily about life thus far but it wasn't on this computer (that I'm sitting at typing this on) and I don't have internet hooked up on the other computer and I just don't think I feel like re-writing it all out. Yes, I realize I could put it onto a drive and put the driver into this computer and then I wouldn't have to type it all but to be quite honest, I don't even feel like doing that.

So here it is, less humorous than what was originally written and much shorter too:

1. The kids are great.
2. The goats are great.
3. The dog is great.
4. Jeremiah is great.
5. I am great.

The end.

Ha, just kidding. I can do a bit better than that.

First off, Jeremiah's first day of official teaching was Wednesday for all of those who were confused. He officially started the 24th of July. He's spent the past month working long and hard hours getting his shop ready.

For those of you who weren't aware, his shop is the old automotive shop. The school had a brand new facility built for it. Jeremiah's new shop has been retrofitted with all the things he'll need to run said shop (i.e. vents, electrical drops, outlets, plugs, and all the other crap stuff a true welding shop needs.). So basically, when we arrived the shop had every single machine sitting in the center of the room, dust everywhere, welding rods, and masks, and gloves, and jackets and wire brush dooflinkies, etc. strewn about.

He's spend the past month getting it all in order so that come Tuesday he would be ready to teach some people to weld...

SCREEEEEEETCH...um can anyone say lesson plan? The whole month he had been putting together one in his head. BUT, alas it did little good when the big day came because his morning block is composed of brand new people who have never seen a welder before to those who have been in welding class for the past 2 years.

How are you supposed to teach to that broad of a spectrum? Well, we're working it out. After a few stressful days, a crisis hot line phone call later, I mean, uh, a sleepless night later (I really am kidding about the crisis hot line phone call, it wasn't that bad) and things are on the straight and narrow. We realize these first few days are the hardest, the first year is going to be harder than all the rest but if we make it through this, it should be smooth sailing.

As for Rachel. She loves school. I failed to mention that the other day she came home from school and said that some boy had said she was hot. I hadn't heard it put quite like that before, but it comes as no surprise that the boys think she's attractive. We've literally been dealing with this since preschool when boys would fight over the right to sit by her, even the little boy we thought would surely grow up to be homosexual (YES, I did just write that!).

Then Rachel wanted to know if I locked the doors (to the house). I asked why. She said because he said he was going to break in. I said oh, well then we'll get the use the guns BEFORE hunting season officially starts.

My only hope is that the next time this boys talks about breaking into our house that Rachel pipes up to tell him his head will look nice mounted on our wall. 'Nuff said. I doubt she'd say that, but a girl can wish.

I don't know, maybe that was a little harsh. They are, after all, only 6 and 7. I can tell you that I don't feel all that bad about it or wish I could take it back.

I told her she should not be hanging out with people like that. Yes, school is great!

As for Drew, he loves school too. He loves the fact that he is riding the bus. I don't know how long the newness of riding the bus will last. Rachel, I think, is already sick and tired of having to wake up early to catch the bus BUT so far she's too stubborn proud to tell Mama that riding the bus stinks after all. So, she will live to ride another day.

I'll do a little more updating later. I have more photos to show, much more to share.

BUT, the bus is almost here and the damned precious ruminant pets of mine need to be checked in on to make sure they are still where they are supposed to be. More on that later.

No comments: