Thursday, September 30, 2010

Darwin Award Winner Right Here

I am not saying this is truly the cause, but could the fact that I am using a white "base paint" with a warning written underneath that it "HAS TO BE TINTED BEFORE USE" have anything to do the fact that I've had to put FIVE coats of paint on the doors and at least 3 on the stairs so far and it still needs another coat each? Not to mention the fact that I didn't realized it was "base paint" until literally the last drop of the whole can and I was sitting there wondering how and why white paint would dry with a yellow tint.

For days I've been slaving over this painting wondering why it is taking such an ungodly amount of coats and I could have saved myself about half the time by actually using paint intended for the use instead of a base paint. So much for paying attention to what I'm pulling off the shelf.

Good grief. Hand me award, I've got to be the winner!

No comments: