Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Getting high on "the easiest painting you'll ever do"

Excuse me a minute while I pass out!

I've spent the last few hours getting high on primer fumes while I experience "the easiest painting I'll ever do", according to the gal working at the paint center at my local Walmart.

Who knew painting paneling could be so easy. If this is easy, count me our for any more! (If you cannot sense my tone of sarcasm shame on you.) God, thank heavens the paneling is ONLY in the basement and of that it's only on 3 walls.

Which, by the way, is NOT easy! Painting paneling SUCKS. I did not cut in the valleys with a proper...I can't even think of the word, I must be high...brush, yeah that's it. I've been lathering the roller in primer and squishing it in there. There is NO easy way to paint paneling as far as I'm concerned and so I've decided not to take any more painting advice from the gal at Walmart.

I've gone back and forth on painting the paneling or removing it about as many times as Liz Taylor's had different husbands. Today, I finally had an epiphany, this is OUR house. The El Paso house was always someone elses house. We owned it yes, but we were always fixing it up for the buyer and so while the things we did to it were things we liked, I wasn't about to paint it red because red doesn't normally sell. Haven't you ever watched the shows on HGTV and taken their tips? Keep it neutral!

Anyway, my epiphany was that this IS our house and after the past 4 weeks of moving I decided, we aren't moving..EVER. Well no, okay, I am not moving...ever. If Jeremiah wants to move, good luck to him. If the kids want to move, fine. But me? I am not moving. So, therefore, painted paneling is O.K. with me. Plus too, I have to get to work and the sooner the better and I need a nice retreat to go to to work and so painted paneling it is! Even with the primer on there, it looks much nicer. I'd like to slap the personal who invented paneling up side the head with a piece. Painted paneling...grumble grumble...

And so it goes. I had already removed one smallish piece. I tried to put it back up with the nails that were still stuck in it but I decided I had better just get the nail gun and air compressor. I did manage to use up a whole can of Kilz primer between the ceiling and two walls.

I am feeling a bit light headed as well and I think I would prefer, from now on, if I decide to get high, I'll go out in the back 15 and pick some wild marijuana and smoke it instead.

Have to meet The Husband at the bank today. He forgets we have kids in school. The bus doesn't get home until 3:40. He wants me to meet him at the bank at 3:30. I forget, they are my kids, I can pick them up from school if I want to!

That's all for today. If I ever get around to it, I've got more photos to share.

No comments: